CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Surrounded By Wonderful Friends




"I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints (Philemon 1:4-5)."


One of the most unbelievable pieces of the Hooks Puzzle over the past three years has been the amazing group of friends that God has placed in our life. Some of them I would call my "least likely" friends, but all of them I would call personal miracles that have walked into our hearts. Today my Jude was sick with the same bug that Grace had last week and Jacob had the week before. We were supposed to go ride a train to Dallas with a group of friends, and I was making the hard to make Mommy decision that we would miss the train ride for the sake of Jude. Jacob was so disappointed. So, I called my wonderful friend Teresa and asked her if she would take Jacob with her to ride the train. She instantly says yes and moments later I am dropping my oldest off at her house to go experience such a fun day. Love that God gave us Teresa. But that is not all...it never is with God and friends that He personally chooses for your family. Last summer I was going to work at my son's preschool, but Grace was too young to attend. I asked Teresa if she could watch Grace the two days a week while I worked. She said yes, and I began to wonder how much I would need to budget to pay her. Then one afternoon at a park, Teresa tells me that God has placed it on her heart that she needed to watch Grace for free. Really? Do people actually do such things as watch your child two days a week for an entire school year and never charge you a dime???? Yes. People who are in love with Jesus and serving Him no matter how inconvenient...people like my friend, Teresa who God placed in my life to show me just what the love of Jesus looks like here on earth. So, my verse today is for Teresa. Thank you, dear friend. You are a mighty, tireless vessel of love and I am blessed beyond measure that God loves me so much that He would place you in my path.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jackie...that is how we all feel about you! At least I know I do!

Teresa said...

Jackie - you make me cry. :)
I am so blessed to be your friend and able to enjoy your wonderful family. I thank God for you!